Tuesday, November 20, 2012

WHAT I'M BRINGING TO THANKSGIVING DINNER

On this year's Day of Thanks, I will be dining with some lovely, omnivorous friends. They are graciously accommodating my veganism and, in addition to their more traditional fare, will be serving up some veggie dishes along with a tofu-turkey concoction for Yours Truly. 

For the past couple of weeks, I have been mulling over what to add to the Thanksgiving spread. And, now, in the eleventh hour, the moment of decision is upon me. I opted for classic dishes with a fun spin:


CORNBREAD STUFFING
I love that it  has a medley of veggies AND fruit and can be made gluten-free! 

GLUTEN-FREE MUSHROOM GRAVY
As far as I'm concerned, no Thanksgiving is complete without some cravings-inducing gravy to pour over everything.

RAW MEYER LEMON RASPBERRY SOUFFLE TART
Thought I'd challenge myself with a raw dessert this year.

Here are a couple of the runners-up, very deserving of mention:

BALSAMIC ROSEMARY CARROTS

BOURBON CRANBERRY COMPOTE

And, in the spirit of Save-A-Turkey Day, I adopted this handsome fella from Farm Sanctuary:


His name is Payton - ain't he a beaut? You can adopt your own wonderful turkey here.

What are you all making for Thanksgiving? Please share your pics - I'd love some inspiration for next year! Check back this weekend - I'll be posting my own pictures from the festivities and of all the food. And be sure to follow me on Instagram (@dirtyrottenvegan) on Thursday for a foodie play-by-play!

xx Here's to all the turkeys of the world (and to stuffing our faces with cruelty-free food)

No comments:

Post a Comment